Monday, March 26, 2012

Dear Bebe,
Oh how you are loved. So very loved. Even before we know you, we love you. I want to meet you, Bebe. To watch you grow; explore. To watch your passion, your peace, your stubbornness, your love. I want to know you.
I want color for you. I want bright colors, blue skies, green grass, flowers, I want your life to be sprinkled with special. I want you to see the beauty in everything around you. I want sunshine and playtime. I want circuses and fairs. I want to watch your eyes light up. I want to watch you learn. I want to see you plant a garden, bake a cookie, write a page, catch a firefly, let it go. I want to see you get dirty in the exploration of your world. I want to watch you dance, and laugh, and run. I can't wait to see you express joy. To watch you work through sad times. To pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move yourself forward.
Oh, Bebe, you are going to be so special! So unique! I will look at you and see myself. I will look at you and see your dad. But you will not be us, you will be you, and that's the most important thing you could ever be, so be it well and true! Who knows when we will meet, but the day will come, and I am so excited to share it with you!

Your Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment