Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Here we go again.

Surgery. Another one.

I went to Dr. Richmond today and after a full work up and us discussing the problems and my past, he's decided the best course of action is going to be another laparoscopy as well as a Hysterosalpingogram. The laparoscopy is going to give him a current idea of what we're dealing with here. The Hysterosalpingogram is a type of Xray where they will inject a dye (contrast fluid) up into my uterus that will travel through my fallopian tubes so they can check for damage or blockages. If there is a blockage, depending on who does the laparoscopy they will remove it or I will go elsewhere to have the blockage removed, meaning a second surgery. I could have the HSG done without the laparoscopy, but if something is found they'll just have to go in to do the surgery anyway so he thinks it best to have them both done at once. He's referring me to the ART fertility program in Birmingham for treatment as they specialize in infertility and he's says they're the best. He's also having a seamen analysis done on Ran just to be sure everything is good there. They said once you reach 2 years of trying to get pregnant with no success that there is a 20-40% chance it's a male problem.
I go in tomorrow for an insulin fast to confirm the PCOS, which he said, since I'm ovulating, it's not going to affect me that much. He'll start me on a set of pills to help with the symptoms, but he doesn't think it's going to affect me getting pregnant. They'll also be doing an LH and FSH blood work up at the same time. Those are blood tests for luteinizing hormone (LH), progesterone, or follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH).
We go back on April the 11th (the day after my birthday)to get the test results for me and for Ran, collect the information from the last 2 laparoscopies, get my ART referral, and schedule a date for the surgery. I've got to call my insurance and find out how much they are going to cover for the surgery and HSG if they cover anything at all and to find out the cost that is going to be on us. It's going to be quite substantial, more than we can afford, but if it's meant to be, we'll find a way. So, that's our game plan. That's where we go from here.
I'm not happy, I'm not sad, I'm just in waiting. I'm glad we have a game plan, I just want to see what's going to happen next. Just keep us in your prayers. With everything going on in our lives right now, with Teresa, and just life in general, we could use a little peace and joy and nothing would bring us more joy than to have those 2 little pink lines finally show up. It would be a wonderful little miracle and a nice change of pace from the last year and a half. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment