Thursday, March 10, 2011

Our Journey Begins

Since I was a small child I knew my purpose in life was to be a mother. I only wish when I was small someone had begun to prepare me for how hard that might be. In a fairytale world you grow up, meet a boy, fall in love, have a great big wedding, then one day a stork comes by and drops a little bundle of joy at your doorstep. Never do you hear about ovulation tests, temperature taking, and least of all cervical position. Nope, no fairy tales tell you about those.
When I was 14 I was 'diagnosed' with Endometriosis.

(Endometriosis is a condition in which the tissue that behaves like the cells lining the uterus (endometrium) grows in other areas of the body, causing pain, irregular bleeding, and possible infertility.)

At the time this just meant really bad, irregular periods, and lots of pain. Now it means our journey to a baby isn't going to be paved with an easy road. We've been trying now for going on 9 months. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a fairly bubbly and upbeat person. It takes quite a bit to get me down, but this has floored me like no other. Unfortunately I have found myself becoming a very sad, angry, and bitter person. None of which I am comfortable with. I hate feeling this way so I'm using this blog as a way to turn that around. I have time to prepare to that's just what I'm going to do. I'm going to use this time to figure out the parenting skills I want to learn, to decide the most important traits I want to teach my child, to educate myself on parenting methods and subjects like breastfeeding, baby wearing, and co sleeping. Doing anything and everything I can to eventually grow into the parent my child deserves. Of course, that all has to be sprinkled with the fun stuff like nursery decor and the cutest strollers in town. :) I know this road may be a long one, and by no means will I be doing it alone, but I would love to take you on this journey with me. To get your input. What has worked for you, what hasn't. You are welcome to follow me on our quest to our child, and hopefully at the end you can celebrate those 2 lines with me when my journey turns to becoming a mother.





No comments:

Post a Comment